Series: Social Justice Goes to Church
Title: A Biblical, Not Critical, Way Forward
Text: Colossians 3:11-15
Tonight’s Task: What is the biblical response to Critical Race Theory?
- We will cling to the authority of the Bible for the lens through which we see the world and reject any and every human philosophy that contradicts the viewpoint found Scripture.
- We will declare that every single person is made in the image of God and is, therefore, inherently worthy of full dignity and of infinite value.
- We will maintain that the primary problem in our world is sin and that every person is a sinner in need of Jesus, the Savior.
- We will focus on the unity that we have in Christ Jesus, celebrate any secondary differences, and guard against any scheme that pits us against one another
- We will put on godly actions and attitudes that promote harmony with others, especially those not of our “tribe.”
- We will call “sin” what the Bible calls “sin” and seek to help one another to eradicate it from our lives.
- We will seek biblical standards of justice and advocate for justice while standing against partiality and vengeance in every facet.
- We, while unable to repent of other people’s sins, will grieve over past sin and strive to go sin no more.
- We will see the providential hand of God in every part of our history and rejoice that while not everything is good, God works all things together for our good.
- We will continually yearn for the day when Christ brings Heaven with Him to this broken earth and makes all things new.
May redeemed individuals from every tribe, tongue, people, and nation come together in harmony as the body of Christ!