I’m so glad that you’ve stopped by the website! I pray that you’ll be encouraged and edified in what you find here.
I was born and raised out in the country near Bowling Green, KY on a dead-end road that for much of my childhood was simply paved with gravel. It was a blessing growing up there with my mom, dad, and brother along with my grandmother and great-grandmother right next door. The sad thing is I can honestly say that I knew almost no one in my neck of the woods that was a follower of Jesus Christ. Nevertheless, faithful Christians reached out to my family over the years, and in 1997, the Lord saved me at the age of 17.
Just a few months later, I met Christy, and we were married in 2002. The Lord has now blessed us with five wonderful children: Zachariah (’05), Elijah (’08), Elizabeth (’10), Nathaniel (’11), and Samuel (’14). Yeah, there’s never a dull moment around the Simpson house!!! I love being a husband and father for many reasons, but one of the biggest is that it’ s a daily reminder that I need God’s grace and provision in this life.
My wife always said that she was going to marry a preacher, and in 2000, God gave her the opportunity she’d been praying for when He called me into ministry. Sometimes I wonder if God didn’t call me into ministry just to give her a larger platform for ministry! She’s awesome!! We’re passionate about God and people, and together, our life ambition is simple: We desire to CONNECT people to Jesus and POUR into their lives His teaching so that they’ll OVERFLOW for the glory of God!
We are so happy in this season of life to be serving toward that goal with the people of Eastwood Baptist Church. Check out what’s going on at Eastwood. You can also follow me on Twitter and Facebook.
- Born – February 2, 1980 in Bowling Green, KY
- Born again – the spring of 1997
- Married – June 1, 2002 to Christy Hall
- Children – Zachariah (’05), Elijah (’08), Elizabeth (’10), Nathaniel (’11), & Samuel (’14)
License & Ordination:
- Licensed to preach and exercise gifts in the ministry by Smiths Grove Baptist Church, Smiths Grove, KY, March 16, 2003
- Ordained to the work of the gospel ministry by Crofton Baptist Church, Crofton, KY, September 25, 2005
- Pursuing a Doctor of Ministry, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forest, NC
- Master of Divinity (December 2007), The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY
- Bachelor of Arts (May 2002), Hanover College, Hanover, IN
- Academic Diploma (May 1998), Warren East High School, Bowling Green, KY
- South Campus Pastor, Eastwood Baptist Church, Bowling Green, KY, 2014 – present
- Pastor, West Main Baptist Church, Alexandria, TN, 2008 – 2014
- Associate Pastor, Minister of Youth & Music, Crofton Baptist Church, Crofton, KY, 2005 – 2008
- Minister of Music, First Baptist Church, Charlestown, IN, 2004 – 2005
- Associate Pastor, Minister of Youth & Music, Smiths Grove Baptist Church, Smiths Grove, KY, 2002 – 2004
- Youth Minister Intern, Calvary Baptist Church, Madison, IN, Jan. 2002 – Apr. 2002
- Camp Staff & Chaplain, Camp Loucon, Leitchfield, KY, Summers of 1999 and 2000
- Ben and Christy have served on many domestic and foreign mission fields, including: Kentucky Appalachians (’19, ’18, ’06, ’04); Canada (’18, ’17, ’15, ’11); China (’14); NAMB “Send City” initiative in greater Cincinnati, OH (’13); Honduras (’11); New Mexico with the Navajo (’07); Jamaica (’06); Mississippi coast after Hurricane Katrina (’06); Peru (’04); Chilé (’03); Mexico (’03, ’01, ’00); Ireland (’02, ’01, ’00); England (’02, ’01, ’00); Netherlands (’00); and numerous local/regional missions projects