It’s hard to believe that a year has already gone by since the launch of Eastwood’s new South Campus building, but that’s exactly how long it’s been. Our first service in the new building was Palm Sunday, March 29, 2015. Time flies when you’re serving the Lord!
South Campus was a God-sized vision, and by faith and God’s grace, we as one church in two locations brought it to pass. The first year has been amazing! Just consider a few stats:
1. 70% growth. If you compare the average South Campus worship attendance in 2014 to 2015, South Campus has grown by 70%.
2. 15 new members have joined EBC at South Campus by baptism. Praise the Lord for these salvations!
3. 32 new members have joined EBC at South Campus by transfer or statement. We are thrilled to have the brothers and sisters covenant with Eastwood through membership to reach our community for Jesus Christ!
4. Doubled our ABF classes. At Plano Elementary, we had only 3 Adult Bible Fellowship classes, but since opening the doors in Alvaton in 2015, we’ve launched our 4th and 5th Adult Bible Fellowship classes and are on the verge of launching our 6th soon along with a 7th already in our sights. We’ve basically doubled our ABF classes in 1 year.
5. Developed regular Wednesday and Sunday night ministries. On these nights, children, students, and adults have ministries very similar to the East Campus such as The Point, TeamKid, Apex, ConneX, PraiseKidz, and Adult Choir.
6. Numerous events ministry & outreach events. We’ve hosted several great events over the past year that were made possible by the South Campus facility: Student Dodgeball Tournament, Widow Lunch, Student Graduation Banquet, South Campus VBS, the Wild Game Dinner, D-Now, IF Conference & Bouquet of Tables, Affordable Christmas, 3-on-3 basketball league, Wild Turkey Workshop, and various fellowships. It’s been a busy year of ministry!
These are not just South Campus victories. These are Eastwood Baptist Church victories with all praise and glory to God! Together I pray that we will will see similar victories and many more in year two. As Paul said in Philippians 3:13, let’s strain forward for what lies ahead!