“E” stands for ETERNAL LIFE.
- Jesus promised, “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life” (John 5:24).
- “He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life” (1 John 5:12).
Jesus brings NEW LIFE to all who place their faith in Him.
- Jesus said, “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly” (John 10:10).
- “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
The promise of abundant life does not mean that we will be free from troubles in this lifetime. In fact, followers of Jesus can expect to face trials and difficulties.
- Jesus said, “In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
In spite of difficulties, Jesus promised His followers a PEACE beyond understanding. The peace of Jesus is something that only His followers can experience.
- Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful” (John 14:27).
Nothing in the universe can separate believers from the love of God.
- “Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?… But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:35,37-39).
The promise of God—to those who trust in Jesus—is peace with God in this world and eternal life in the world to come.
When Jesus returns in power and glory, those who have trusted in Him for salvation will live forever in His glorious presence!
- “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).
This wonderful gift of eternal life is given to all those who have been saved through faith in Jesus.