“C” stands for CONVERSION.
We must each surrender to Jesus as Savior and Lord by a voluntary and intentional act of the will, having faith in His atoning life, death, and resurrection and turning from sin to obey Him in all things.
To surrender to Jesus as Savior and Lord, we must first trust in Him alone for salvation.
- Jesus said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me” (John 14:6).
- “And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12).
And…we must turn from our sins (repent) and turn to Him in love and obedience.
- “God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent” (Acts 17:30).
- “Unless you repent, you will all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3).
- “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments” (John 14:15).
God offers salvation as a free gift (GRACE). God’s GRACE comes to us through faith in Jesus as Savior and Lord.
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).
God’s GRACE comes to those who receive Jesus by faith.
- “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name” (John 1:12).
- The Bible says, “that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved…for whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:9,13).
- “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household” (Acts 16:31).
- “For I am not ashamed of the gospel (good news), for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes” (Romans 1:16).
For those who repent of their sins and place their faith in Jesus as Savior and Lord, God gives them the promise of eternal life.