Go to God in prayer (prayer is simply talking to God), and say these things in your own words:
- Admit to Him that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior.
- Ask Him to have mercy on you and to forgive you of your sins.
- Thank Him for sending His Son Jesus—whose life, death, and resurrection secured salvation for all who will follow Him.
- Commit your life to Jesus
- Tell Him that you repent of your sins and trust in Him as Savior and Lord.
- Ask Him to fill you with His Holy Spirit—to empower you to live a life that will bring glory to His name.
The Bible says: “He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:12-13).