King David waxed poetic in Psalm 122 when he said, “I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the LORD!’”
Do you have that same sentiment when it comes to going to the church house? I pray so. Sadly we often think of church in terms of “I have to” instead of “I get to.” You know, “I’ve got to go to church” as opposed to “I get to go to church.” Going to church is a great blessing, privilege, and grace from God.
We should always be glad to go to church! Here are 10 reasons why:
1. You get to make the Lord a priority in your week. When you give Sunday to worshipping the Lord, it sets the tone for your whole week.
2. You get to walk in obedience to God. God has commanded us to not forsake assembling together with other believers.
3. You get the joy of gathering with the family of God. When God adopted you through salvation, He gave you many brothers and sisters in the faith.
4. You get to worship through song with the gathered church body. The largest church choir is always the congregation itself. Gather together and sing for joy!
5. You get the opportunity to be strengthened and sharpened by others. God wants to bless you through somebody at church.
6. You get the chance to strengthen others and sharpen others. God wants to bless somebody through you at church.
7. You get to hear the Word of God opened and taught. Don’t take this time for granted! It is the apex of the worship hour.
8. You get to share your spiritual gifts in service to others. God has gifted you and given you a ready opportunity in the church to use your gifts.
9. You get to set aside time to invite God to move in your life. The church is a focused time for you to invite God to touch your life.
10. You get to see God move in the lives of other people. If you stay home, you’ll miss one of the biggest blessings of seeing God move in others.
May you always echo David! I am so glad that I get to go to church!