Tonight’s Takeaway – Make much of Jesus and enjoy Jesus together as the family of God through the Lord’s Supper
What is the Lord’s Supper?
One of two ordinances given the Church by God where Christians eat bread and drink the fruit of the vine as symbols of the body and blood of Jesus
What is the purpose of the Lord’s Supper?
1. It is a remembrance of the New Covenant Passover
2. It is a celebration of our unity with Christ and other Christians
3. It is a declaration of the gospel hope and Christ’s second coming
Is the Lord’s Supper a “means of grace”?
Yes and No
Who should partake of the Lord’s Supper?
Baptized believers in the Lord Jesus Christ
How should we partake of the Lord’s Supper?
How often should we celebrate the Lord’s Supper?
1. The local church has liberty to set its frequency
2. A good principle: Celebrate the Lord’s Supper frequently enough that it becomes a consistent part of Christian worship and infrequently enough that it doesn’t become meaningless routine in Christian worship
May we honor Jesus and one another around the Lord’s Table!