I’m so glad that you’ve stopped by the website! I pray that you’ll be encouraged and edified in what you find here.
I was born and raised out in the country near Bowling Green, KY on a dead-end road that for much of my childhood was simply paved with gravel. It was a blessing growing up there with my mom, dad, and brother along with my grandmother and great-grandmother right next door. The sad thing is I can honestly say that I knew almost no one in my neck of the woods that was a follower of Jesus Christ. Nevertheless, faithful Christians reached out to my family over the years, and in 1997, the Lord saved me at the age of 17.
Just a few months later, I met Christy, and we were married in 2002. The Lord has now blessed us with five wonderful children: Zachariah (’05), Elijah (’08), Elizabeth (’10), Nathaniel (’11), and Samuel (’14). Yeah, there’s never a dull moment around the Simpson house!!! I love being a husband and father for many reasons, but one of the biggest is that it’ s a daily reminder that I need God’s grace and provision in this life.
My wife always said that she was going to marry a preacher, and in 1999, God gave her the opportunity she’d been praying for when He called me into ministry. Sometimes I wonder if God didn’t call me into ministry just to give her a larger platform for ministry! She’s awesome!! We’re passionate about God and people, and together, our life ambition is simple: We desire to CONNECT people to Jesus and POUR into their lives His teaching so that they’ll OVERFLOW for the glory of God!
- Born – February 2, 1980 in Bowling Green, KY
- Born again – the spring of 1997
- Married – June 1, 2002 to Christy Hall
- Children – Zachariah (’05), Elijah (’08), Elizabeth (’10), Nathaniel (’11), & Samuel (’14)
License & Ordination:
- Licensed to preach and exercise gifts in the ministry by Smiths Grove Baptist Church, Smiths Grove, KY, March 16, 2003
- Ordained to the work of the gospel ministry by Crofton Baptist Church, Crofton, KY, September 25, 2005
- Pursuing a Doctor of Ministry, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forest, NC
- Master of Divinity (December 2007), The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY
- Bachelor of Arts (May 2002), Hanover College, Hanover, IN
- Academic Diploma (May 1998), Warren East High School, Bowling Green, KY
- South Campus Pastor, Eastwood Baptist Church, Bowling Green, KY, 2014 – present
- Pastor, West Main Baptist Church, Alexandria, TN, 2008 – 2014
- Associate Pastor, Minister of Youth & Music, Crofton Baptist Church, Crofton, KY, 2005 – 2008
- Minister of Music, First Baptist Church, Charlestown, IN, 2004 – 2005
- Associate Pastor, Minister of Youth & Music, Smiths Grove Baptist Church, Smiths Grove, KY, 2002 – 2004
- Youth Minister Intern, Calvary Baptist Church, Madison, IN, Jan. 2002 – Apr. 2002
- Camp Staff & Chaplain, Camp Loucon, Leitchfield, KY, Summers of 1999 and 2000
- Ben and Christy have served on many domestic and foreign mission fields, including: Netherlands (2000); England (2000, 2001, 2002); Ireland (2000, 2001, 2002); Mexico (2000, 2001, 2003); Chilé (2003); Peru (2004); Kentucky Appalachians (2004, 2006); Mississippi coast after Hurricane Katrina (2006); Jamaica (2006); New Mexico with the Navajo (2007); Honduras (2011); Canada (2011); greater Cincinnati (2013) and numerous local/regional missions projects